Friday, December 4, 2009

The 20ish days of Christmas: Day 2- with love from Amy.

Day 2. 




This may very well be the finest piece of Christmas music out there. It should really be saved for closer to Christmas but I have been in rare form of late and I would be ever so sad if I forgot to include it. 


I love The Monkees. I love this song. I love Davy Jones. 


Lyrics, but I'm no bablefish and I don't know what it means. (Is it in Spanish? I think?)


Riu Chiu - The Monkees.

Riu riu chiu, la guarda ribera;
Dios guardo el lobo de nuestra cordera,
Dios guardo el lobo de neustra cordera.

El lobo rabioso la quiso morder,
Mas Dios poderoso la supo defender;
Quisola hazer que no pudiese pecar,
Ni aun original esta Virgen no tuviera.

Riu, riu chiu...

Este qu'es nacido es el gran monarca,
Christo patriarca de carne vestido;
Hemos redemido con se hazer chiquito,
Aunqu'era infinito, finito se hiziera.

Riu, riu chiu...



Oh Monkees. I think it's probably Spanish now that I look closer at it.  Anyway, I'll shut up and let you enjoy. 





Oh, and don't ever let me catch you saying The Monkees had/have no talent. I'll pummel ya! 

No comments: