Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Amy vs America's Housekeeping Book: Scheduling



I think my problem is scheduling. I should've done this part first instead of going guns ablaze into the bathroom, although now I have a clean bathroom so not all has been lost. 

But when "scheduling" is on page 9 and the bathroom is on page 244, I should've grasped onto the hint rope. 

I'm doing laundry right now and airing the farts out of the beds. I was trying to figure what I was going to do next because the whole house, minus the bathroom is in sad shambles. I was planning on mopping the living room floor but it's supposed to rain tomorrow and that kind of seems like it might be a better task to handle after the rain. My bedroom is a mess, the boys' bedroom is a mess, the kitchen is a mess and I'm getting overwhelmed. 

Today is a short day for Wally at school so maybe I tackle the scheduling today. Laundry and the scheduling and a bit of the daily chores if there is time. The book has a skeleton schedule which I am going to copy. I'll start there. 



Let's see what the book says about scheduling. 




"Do you consider silver polishing more important than a picnic?" I do not, book. Clearly. Have you seen my house? 

I'm also super stoked that this book understands where I have failed every time I've tried to undertake this project due to feeling completely overwhelmed because children. And that's okay because apparently I've been doing what the book says I'm supposed to do anyway. (Facebooking would be in the current edition, I'm sure of it)

Exhibit A: 

Exhibit B:


So I accept my state of affairs philosophically. But I'd still like a little more order round these parts. Or a maid would be awesome. 

But really, only 5 hours and 41 minutes for a baby??  

My laundry probably has to be put in the dryer now. Stay tuned for part 2 of this series where I try to talk myself out of this whole project. 

No comments: